Compare Sharetribe vs Tangram
In this article we will help you figure out the pros and cons to both Sharetribe and Tangram when it comes to pricing, ease of setup, features/integrations, and scalability.
Sharetribe has two offerings (Sharetribe Go and Sharetribe Flex) to help marketplace businesses launch an MVP faster and cheaper than having a hired developer build it from scratch.
In the Sharetribe Go plan, basic marketplace functionality is provided like payments, profiles, listings, and reviews for service, rental, and product marketplaces. The most common feedback we hear from Sharetribe Go users is that the features and design on the Go plan are not very customizable.
Below are some common feature requirements that Tangram offers and Sharetribe Go does not:
- custom design for marketplace, listings, and profiles (powered by Webflow)
- paywall using subscriptions/memberships
- vendors can collect payments via invoices
- custom email/text message reminders
- team/business accounts for b2b apps
- directory/search page to browse/filter user profiles
- automatic matching quiz for users/listings (powered by Typeform)
- automatically add listings to new user profiles depending on who they are
- promo/discount codes
- recurring events/class listings
- ability to host multiple directories/search pages (e.g. 1 for events, 1 for services, 1 for vendors)
- 1:1 text/video call support from an expert
When Sharetribe Go customers require more custom payment flows and design, they need to upgrade to the Flex plan which comes with a considerable price increase and the need to hire custom developers to build on top of the Sharetribe Flex API.
Tangram provides the flexibility of Sharetribe Flex at a price comparable (or sometimes cheaper) than Sharetribe Go.
Sharetribe Go can be a good choice if you have a marketplace that has very simple requirements, few users, and you are on a budget. Sharetribe Flex can be a good choice if you are/have a developer (or the ability to fund one) and want some “starter code” and pre-coded core marketplace functionalities to build on top of over time. If you don’t have the budget for a custom developer and require more customization than is offered by Sharetribe Go, Tangram is a great option that can scale with your business.
If you're still unsure what no-code marketplace software makes the most sense for your business, check out the comparison table below or take this no-code marketplace software quiz.